Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday-Make-It: Storytown Writing Charts

Before I head back to school next week (Yes, Summer 2014 is officially over on Friday!) I wanted to share a quick file I created to help me teach writing this year.

Our district uses the Harcourt Storytown Reading Program, and I always struggle finding time for my kiddos to practice the writing skills I teach. So this year I'm setting aside a few minutes each week for them to focus on writing using the specific skill I've taught. To help out with this, I typed up all 24 anchor charts from the Teacher's guide (why, oh why do they not include these in the student books!?) to print and hang in my room as a glaring reminder to practice writing.


For the past 3 years, I've written these out by hand on our large chart paper and promised myself I would keep them neatly set aside for the next year and then something happens and I end up throwing them away. This year, I have an idea. A brilliant idea. I'm having them printed onto 18"x24" paper (Engineering Prints) from Staples and I'm going to laminate them and hang them neatly forever. And because KBfonts are SO much cuter than my own handwriting, it's going to make my room THAT.MUCH.MORE.ADORABLE. I can't wait!

To get your own set, go to my Tpt Store and download it. It's free. Just for you!



0 comments:

Post a Comment