Sunday, July 21, 2013

Calendar Time Follow-Along

Last year I created a math board for my calendar time that included many skills I wanted to review with my kiddos throughout the year. I noticed some kids maintained their level of knowledge from month to month, whereas others seemed to lose information. To combat this problem this year (and know exactly what skills need extra practice) I created a follow-along (You can find it at my TpT Store) for my students to complete each morning. I had the pages copied, cut in half, and put in notepads so each day the kids could simply tear-off the page and either turn it in for my review, or put it in File 13 after going over it together ;-).

The skills to review include: writing the date in word and digital format, writing numbers in numerical and word form, identifying place value, odd/even, greater/less than, creating tallies, and counting money. There is also a space available to review another skill (ex. addition problems, fact families, word problems). 


Directions: Make copies for each student to complete each day before or during calendar time. After a few days of guided instructions students will be able to complete independently!
I've also included a sample walk-through of what you might say each day to encourage independent thinking. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment