Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Harcourt Storytown Study Guide

I finally finished our reading study guide for the 2nd grade stories in Harcourt Storytown. I skipped all of the Reader's Theatre stories, since we don't do those, and plan on putting them in a booklet to hand out on Business Day. I've also made a set that says "refrigerator copy" at the top, and those will go home on colored paper weekly with my kiddos to remind them. Each study guide contains our spelling list for the week, our focus skill, the story page numbers, as well as the vocabulary. We decided this year, first semester, to use the high-frequency words as vocab., since a LOT of our little ones struggled with it last year and those are the words that go with the story. Second semester, we are only using the words that are in the book. Having so many sets of words that aren't even in the story was confusing, we found. Hopefully this will help things go a little smoother. All of my graphics are from www.scrappindoodles.com. I posted it at my TPT Store for only $1.00!






0 comments:

Post a Comment