Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Spelling Tic Tac Toe

Hey there! I spent last week as Elementary Chaplain at Camp Bethel in Fincastle, Virginia, but am back home and refreshed and reading to start creating more useful things for my classroom!



Yesterday I created a new set of 6 Tic-Tac-Toe boards for my students to use to complete their spelling homework. On Friday mornings, they will turn in the board with 3 activities completed, along with their words written 3 times each. This will hopefully prevent the "but spelling is SO boring!" complaints I received last year, from both my kids and their parents. I love giving my students choices, so they feel like they have some control over their learning. All of the activities are helpful in enhancing student learning, so the only "bad" choice they can make is to not do it. The boards are available for download from My Teachers Pay Teachers site for only $2.00. Here is a smaller version of one of the six:








0 comments:

Post a Comment